🌞 Your time out to reflect, reset, and restart - join us Saturday 17th Sept 2022 @ Cocoon, our exclusive retreat by the breath-taking Atlantic Coast of PortugalDeposit £100 on all retreats. Up to 12 month Interest FREE payment plans available on all retreats. Click here to find out more.
Up to 11 months Interest-Free Payment Plan available for this retreat (as at Oct 2021)
Cocoon, an exclusive and unique relaxation and yoga retreat with freshwater swimming lake, by the breath-taking Atlantic Coast.
🌞 Arrive: Saturday 17th September 2022
🌞 Depart: Saturday 24th September 2022
Our retreat is located on an exclusive 275-acre costal farm situated on the breath-taking Atlantic Coast of Portugal with its rugged seashores, amazing beaches, and wonderful climate (easily accessible between Lisbon and Faro airports).
With its exclusive pristine freshwater lake on site, you can swim, or go for a walk, cycle, or hang out in the hammocks, it is your choice… the vibe is simply carefree
Located just minutes from the simple fishing village of Zambujiera do Mar, in the Alentejo region, which is known for its long stretches of untouched coastline, and charming, white-washed villages. From Lisbon, the retreat is around two hours’ drive south (from Faro, it is slightly closer).
The Vicentine Coast Natural Park runs about 100 km down the coast. The coast is ideal for swimming, surfing, and world-class hiking along the gorgeous sandstone bluffs.
The fabulous Praia do Cavaliero, with its sandy beach, is 12 minute’s drive.
Indoor and Outdoor Shala’s
The indoor Shala is light filled and has enough windows and doors for the air to circulate freely. The floor is hand-made traditional Portuguese Santa Catarina tiles, which are both beautiful and a joy to practice on.
The larger outdoor Shala has wood floors and is shaded by a handful of old growth pines. The outdoor Shala has no walls and is a 3–5-minute walk from the house. It is especially wonderful for morning practice, as the fog rolls in.
Yoga & Relaxation Programme
Designed to regenerate your body and mind, Sattva programs are based on research that suggests we can fundamentally transform our physical and emotional health through our daily habits. After a healthy balanced and nourishing breakfast, you will have the opportunity to explore, immersing yourself in the transformative power of nature. Mindfulness practices will be interweaved throughout your day as you partake in carefully curated activities if you wish.
Alternatively, you can simply retreat from the world and take time for yourself.
Our retreats are a refined experience where all aspects of natural health are addressed. Expect your body to become lean, strong, and flexible, as your mind becomes calm, clear, and present. You are simply required to show up, be present, and allow the experience to unveil your inherent potential.
Our team is the magic ingredient that makes your Sattva experience unique. We are a select group of guides, athletes, and educators.
We share a common interest in the art of living exceptionally well. Led by the Davies family, the team seeks to share their collective wisdom through playful and adventurous experience.
- From our first step onto the mat, we are given the opportunity to look into the mirror of ‘the self.’ The clarity of this mirror affects the reflection that we see and strongly influences our behaviours.
- During our retreats, you will learn to clarify your mind-body connection with a focus on yoga and its practices. You will be challenged and supported by the playful and insightfulness of our teachers.
- Sattva offers holistic health solutions to the anxiety, stress and numerous other challenges posed by the ever-changing world. Imagine a place where you can reconnect with your inner self and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit surrounded by nature.
All meals are included (and are incredible), including strong coffee, tea, and spring water. We believe that a nourishing meal and a delicious feast don’t need to be exclusive of one another. Food is local, with most of our produce coming from either Cocoon or a nearby farm.
For our guests, we have limited spaces to ensure your comfort.
Our Retreat includes
- 7 nights in simple and fresh accommodation
- Delicious vegan/vegetarian food and drinks (sorry no alcohol included, can be purchased)
- Indoor and outdoor areas to practice yoga
- Suitable for all levels, minimum age 16
- Plenty of free time to relax, nourish, and enjoy the beautiful surroundings
What’s not included (where applicable):
- Car Hire
- Travel insurance
- Treatments (may be available to buy & book during retreat)
We have linked-up with Corporate Travel Plus, who specialise in arranging travel services for the independent travel - click here to find out more.
There are two options for buying your space on this retreat:
1: Pay in full to secure your space.
2: Payment plan, £100 deposit followed by a payment plan spreading the remaining balance across the agreed term (usually the number of months left before the retreat begins).